Monday, August 12, 2013

Out on the Town

So this weekend I went to Chicago! I had a fun time with friends, and I also styled some great thrift store finds. Since it's summer time, I have also found some great finds at garage sales. Just the other day I picked up a huge bag of name brand clothes for only $20. Anyways, on to my outfits from this past weekend.


Lace top (xhiliration) - $2 at a garage sale
Tank top (Mossimo) - $0.25 at a garage sale
Pants (Forever 21) - $1 at Spree
Sandals (Faded glory) - $6 at Goodwill
Purse (H & M) - $1 at a garage sale

This was my outfit for strolling around downtown Chicago. I know I have shown some of these pieces before, but that just goes to show that you can can reuse different pieces in different outfits. 


Top (Emma James) - $2 at New2You
Jeans (Forever 21) - $2 at New2You
Belt - $1 at New2You
Shoes (So) - $1 at a garage sale

I wore this outfit to church on Sunday and then for the ride back home. The previous day, I was shopping at H & M, and I spotted a similar to this one for a much higher price. 

These jeans also have an interesting story. Pants are usually $4 at New2You. However, the zipper was broken, so the cashier gave me half off. Once I got home, I finagled it and vwalah! I got the zipper to work. Sometimes it's worth the risk to buy something that's broken and try to fix it.


1 comment:

  1. i think this is sooo super smart! I'm going to salvation army for back to school shopping :)

    ReplyDelete